asapm encourages you to maintain your edge by staying up to date. See our book reviews,
- Practical Project Risk Management; The ATOM Methodology Second Edition, by David Hillson and Peter Simon. Published by Management Concepts Press, 2012; ISBN 978-1-56726-366-4. Book Review by Stacy Goff.
- Game Theory in Management: Modeling Business Decisions and their Consequences; by Michael Hatfield; published 2012 by Gower Publishing Limited. Book Review by Dr. Kenneth F. Smith, PMP.
- Integrated Cost and Schedule Control In Project Management; Second Edition, by Ursula Kuehn; Published by Management Concepts, Inc., 2011.
Book Review by Dr. Kenneth F. Smith, PMP.
- Sustainability in Project Management, by Gilbert Silvius, Ron Schipper, Julia Planko, Jasper van den Brink and Adri Köhler; Published May 2012. Book Review by Joel Carboni.
- The Project Management Answer Book, by Jeff Furman. Published by Management Concepts, Inc. 2011. Reviewed by James R. Brady, PhD, MPA, MEd.
- Project Team Dynamics: Enhancing Performance, Improving Results, by Lisa DiTullio. Published by Management Concepts, Inc. Reviewed by James R. Brady, PhD, MPA, MEd.
- Project Management Fundamentals: Key Concepts and Methodology (2nd Edition, 2011) by Gregory T. Haugan, PhD, PMP. Published by Management Concepts, Inc. Reviewed By: James R. Brady, PhD, MPA, MEd.
- The Checklist Manifesto, by Atul Gawande (book and Audio). Reviewed by Rose M. Johnston.
- Blue Ocean Strategy: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make the Competition Irrelevant, by W. Chan Kim and Renee Mauborgne. Reviewed By: James R. Brady, PhD, MPA, MEd.
- The Global Consultant: How to Make Seven Figures Across Borders, by Alan Weiss and Omar Khan. Reviewed By: James R. Brady, PhD, MPA, MEd. International Development Consultant (Org. Systems).
- The Fast Forward MBA in Project Management, 3rd Ed., by Eric Verzuh. Reviewed By: James R. Brady, PhD, MPA, MEd. International Development Consultant (Org. Systems).
- Project Governance: A practical guide to effective project decision making, by Ross Garland.
Review by Dr. Lew Ireland.
- These four Book Reviews are from Dr. Gary Klein's classes in the MBA program,
OPTM 639 - Managing Projects for Competitive Advantage, and OPTM 669 - Bridging Strategy and Tactics in Project Management, at University of Colorado, Colorado Springs. Thanks Gary!)
The Business Savvy Project Manager, review by Krish Soundararajan
Fundamentals of Project Management,
3rd edition; review by John Guarniere
The Leadership Dojo, review by Philip L. Jacobsen
Accelerated Project Management, “How to be First to Market”; review by Neil S. Moysenko
- Napoleon on Project Management, Timeless Lessons in Planning, Execution and Leadership;
by Jerry Manas; Review by Stacy Goff
- Managing Projects: Large and Small, by Richard Lueke; Subject Advisor: Robert D. Austin; Review by James R. Brady
- Managing Projects: Expert Solutions to Everyday Challenges, Mary Grace Duffy, Ed. D.;
Review by James R. Brady
- Churchill's Adaptive Enterprise, Lessons for Business Today, by
Review by Stacy Goff
- Earned Value Project Management, Third Edition, by
Quentin W. Fleming and Joel M. Koppelman
Review by Ed Fern
- Cultivating Communities of Practice by Wenger,
McDermott and Snyder. Review by Donna Fitzgerald
- Project Procurement Management: Contracting,
Subcontracting, Teaming, by Quentin Fleming. Review by Ed Fern
- The Wisdom of Teams, by Katzenbach and Smith. Review by Bob Youker
- Effective Work Breakdown Structures by Gregory T. Haugan. Review by Bob Youker
We invite you to publish a review of a Project Management-related book you've
recently read! To do so, Propose a Review. Or, start by downloading
our MSWord Book Review Template.
know about your favorite books! Write a review, and contact us!
• Top •